Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend

Happy Fourth of July!Each year, my mother's side of the family gathers at my parents' lake house to celebrate the 4th. There were 28 people this year! We eat too much, have loud sing-alongs, swim, and just generally have a good time. Kira, being the social child that she is, had a ball.
We started off with low country boil on Friday night. Have you ever had a meal with no plates and no silverware? It was awesome!
Then we had a luau on Saturday night complete with outfits!This is my immediate family (minus my sister-in-law Crystal).Don't you love my nephew Chet? What a cutie!Then on Sunday we roasted an entire pig. The pig has become something of a tradition, and it is always soooo tasty. While the pig roasted all day, there was a pretty epic wiffle ball game. My grandmother Baba batted and got an RBI!
Walking update: Kira often stands up on her own and takes free-form steps but not more than 2-5 at a time. So she's walking, but she's not really comfortable with it yet. She's making progress, but it is S - L - O - W. She loves walking while holding onto your hands as demonstrated by Kira and her Uncle Jeremy below.
So I hope your weekend was as fun as ours was!

Oh, and did I mention that Kira and I are staying at the lake with my mom through next weekend? It's a hard life we lead...

3 comments:

  1. make sure that the tutu comes to Alabama! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get asked to be the photographer for this particular Rand Family event - it looks like this was way too much fun to miss out on.

    Way to go, Kira! Tell her it's okay to take it slow - I was still riding in a stroller when my legs were so long that they drug against the ground as my mom pushed me around the August Mall.

    One question, though: where's Eli? I didn't see him in the family portrait, and I am a bit concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those dresses!! And Kira's walking--hooray!

    ReplyDelete