Sunday, August 1, 2010

Crazy Wamsted Lake Week

Kira, Jay, and I packed up the Corolla last Saturday and headed for middle Alabama. We went to Lay Lake and stayed in a ridiculously huge house on its own private island with 21 other relatives. We enjoyed our time with family immensely! Of course, I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I wish I had, but my sister-in-law Anna made up for it! Hopefully, I'll share some of her beauties with you eventually, but these will have to satiate you for now. Kira LOVED all of her relatives. They were so sweet to her. There was always someone willing to play with her or love on her. I think she might go through withdrawal this week! The picture below is of Kira and Jay's cousin, Timmy. By the end of the week, Kira would point and babble excitedly every time Timmy walked into the room!Kira learned the word "baby" this week. She would sweetly pat her twin cousins as she said it. Her interest didn't last long, which is probably just as well as I'm not sure her gentleness would have lasted either.
Of course, Kira especially loved playing with her cousin Addie (or Daddie, as Kira called her). Addie is exactly one year older than Kira so Kira thinks Addie is the coolest. Addie was so sweet to Kira, and the girls played really well together.
They took a couple of baths together. The first one ended with Addie telling me, "I had fun in the bath! Kira pooped!" Draw your own conclusions.Kira also got to meet her only second cousin, Nolen. He came later in the week so they didn't get to play together as much as I wish they had, but Kira was definitely interested. This was our first time meeting Nolen, too. What a precious little red-headed boy!
I include the picture below because these pebbles were Kira's favorite part of the house and grounds. Forget the pool... she wanted to pick up rocks! By the end of the week, I was finding rocks everywhere.As you can see, we had a wonderful vacation! Jay starts work again tomorrow, and I don't think we could have asked for a better final week of summer.

1 comment:

  1. The first and last photos are awesome! Sounds like a fantastic time!! (And I agree--detoxing from vacation is painful for the little ones.)

    ReplyDelete