Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Help

Kira has entered that stage of childhood wherein she desperately wants to help me with whatever I'm doing. Of course, this slows me down considerably, but that's a part of parenthood, right? She loves loading and unloading the dishwasher, which so far has only resulted in one broken glass. She loves hanging up wet cloth diapers and folding dry ones. And, most recently, she enjoys standing on a chair to help me cook. We made a special Saturday breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes (not coincidentally, my favorite). Kira helped every step of the way; she especially liked the step of eating.
By the way, it is not quite so cold in our house that she needed her hat on. She just likes it. The bib was also her own addition. Go figure.

3 comments:

  1. I love that George she still has George in her arms. I also love that we have that same adorable hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think hats are making a comeback....Kira might just be ahead of her time (pardon the pun) xoxomargaret/bama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send the help over to the shoebox so that we can get our show back on the road!

    ReplyDelete