Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
-Isaiah 9:6

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas day. My mom's side of the family always has a big party on Christmas Eve. Kira talked about the "big party" all day, and then she enjoyed herself thoroughly. Here's our little (but growing) family.
This next one is not a good picture, but I wanted you to see Kira's precious dress.On Christmas morning, we woke up at home and read the Christmas story from Luke plus a beautiful book called Room for a Little One: A Christmas Story by Martin Waddell and Jason Cockcroft. We also read our notes from our "thanks can." It was a wonderful start to the day. Then we opened a few presents. Of course, Kira saw her big present from Jay's parents immediately. She walked in and said, "CHAIR!" She loves having her own little table and chairs.
Next, we went to my parents' house where we ate breakfast and opened presents with my parents, Annie, Jeremy, Connor, and Chet. It was quite a scene! I regret not getting more pictures, but I think this one of Kira, Chet, and Connor somewhat conveys the mood: chaos/excitement/fun fun FUN.
I also managed to capture Uncle Jeremy with Kira's new baby doll - now named Mimi. (She got a lot of doll-related paraphernalia as well. She was in heaven, and I think she might be ready to be a bossy big sister!)After nap time, we went to my aunt and uncle's house and had a delicious Christmas dinner with more family. Needless to say, we had a wonderful Christmas, and I hope that you did, too. We are now in Augusta with Jay's family. Let the celebration continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment