Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It Takes a Village

Jay and I were talking about community yesterday because our neighbor and our roofer helped him fix our broken fence. Jay couldn't have done it alone, and it is both humbling and inspiring to accept help from others. It got me thinking about the outfit that Kira was wearing in the past 2 blog posts - we didn't buy any of it. This is not atypical of Kira's life to date. We have been overwhelmed for more than 2 years now with a lot of help from our amazing community. Thank you all for being a part of our lives. (See the contributers to Kira's outfit below.)
Dress: Baba/my grandmother
Tights: hand-me-down from Charlotte Alexander/Jay and Sally's kid
Shoes: Gramma/Jay's mother
Shirt: YaYa/my mother
Bow: YaYa/my mother
Hat: handmade by Kendra/Zeke's Mom
Cloth Diaper: Grandpa/Jay's father

1 comment: