Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jay's Article

For those of you who don't know, Jay began a PhD program in mathematics education at Georgia State University in the summer of 2008. He just defended his comprehensive exams on Monday and is well on his way to becoming Doctor Wamsted (or "Dr. Jay" as 2-year-old Zeke already calls him). We hope that he will graduate May of 2013. He will be embarrassed by this post, but I want to share that his article, "Race, School, and Seinfeld: Autoethnographic Sketching in Black and White," has recently been published in the esteemed journal, Qualitative Inquiry. (If you follow the link, you can read the abstract but not the entire article.) I just want to say how proud I am of my brilliant husband!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Dr. Jay is in the house! Outstanding! Wait until I tell Annemarie that Jay has been published, and in an esteemed journal no less. Definitely bring a copy at Christmas! Miss you all lots and lots. Have a great Thanksgiving celebration. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Millie and Jay, it's Meaghan Tenney from Jay's AmeriCorps days. Facebook told me to be friends with Connor Rand for some reason, and my investigation led me to your blog.
    What a beautiful family.

    And Jay, I was able to access your entire article through my University library, and it was great. While most of it is way more than my uber-analytical scientific and biologic brain can fully comprehend, I love the message and your personal stories. I was waiting for a reference to the Task Force, but alas...

    Hope all is well.
    Meaghan
    same email: met23@aol.com or tenney@uchicago.edu

    ReplyDelete