Friday, August 10, 2012

Brothers From The Past

This is kind of late, but with school starting right after vacation I hadn't had time to post these pictures my Mom found hidden away somewhere. I'm not sure if you'll find this entertaining unless you are a Wamsted, but I hope it at least puts some perspective on why my brother and I felt like mustaches at the family reunion were an appropriate thing.

My dad, looking almost Jay-like with his freaky-long hair (for an army man). That is an amazing swoop he's got going there.
Uncle Dennis, wearing some unfortunate glasses. Annemarie's age in this photo places it around 1995 or so. Decide for yourself how fashionable his 'stache is.
And here's my dad and Uncle Ron, in what appears to be a photo shot through a fake instagram filter, but is in fact an antique all on its own.  I will say this: If Dad & Ron's faces were replaced by Will Ferrell's & Steve Carrell's, this could be the poster of some strange remake of Jaws that I would really like to see.
Wamsteds & Mustaches. Who knew something so creepy could be such a family affair?

2 comments:

  1. You're gonna need a bigger boat.

    It's eerie how much that first pic of the colonel looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture of your dad was pre-Jay; he was in law school hence the long hair. xoxomom

    ReplyDelete