Saturday, March 8, 2014

Three Videos

This is Jay.

A lot of new things are going on around the Wamsted house. To commemorate, we've captured a series of videos that (kind of) tell the story. First: Simon is officially walking, everywhere! As you can tell from the video, the other kids love it.
 
Next: John is officially out of pull-ups, in underwear, and using the potty like a big kid! We decided NOT to take a video of this rather private (albeit very exciting) moment in our family's life. Instead, we offer a song that John made up one day, called "One Foot Step Foot." (Listen carefully for the movement changes, signaled by John saying, "Now it goes...").
Last: Kira has started to do 2 activities, both of which are exciting to me personally.  Reading and asking me to show her how to play songs on the piano. Millie and I have been trying to decide where the line is between not reading and reading.  We think she's crossed it.  And I am trying to be cool about the piano, but it is hard not to get excited when she runs over and says, "Excuse me, Daddy, but I need to practice my songs." Here she is playing a one-finger version of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" (a staple around here, for some reason).  

No comments:

Post a Comment