Sunday, January 11, 2015

One Last Christmas Song...

As with all video of children, just know that the more you love these particular children, the more you will be entertained by this video.

Apparently Simon has taken to playing the piano and singing by himself at times. Yesterday when I (Jay) tried to record this, John grabbed his drum and Kira her microphone--suddenly we had a concert on our hands!

Some things to observe:

1) The clip starts with the second verse of "Jingle Bells"--A day or two ago, I thought I'd take a ride.... John does a pretty good job with it until the line "misfortune was his lot." He renders this "I stepped into a lot" and loses the thread from there. I'm giving him full props, still, because of his spot-on drumming.
2) Simon just about nails the harmony on "sitting by my side"--if by harmony you mean screaming along with John while banging on the piano. That's my son.
3) Long after the boys lose interest, Kira never wavers in her commitment to the song. It's a gutsy performance in the face of a poor showing by her back-up band.
4) This is hard to explain, but when Simon turns back around and asks to see himself again, that sing-songy-screamy tone of voice just really makes Millie and me laugh. Picture him dressed up in all the pirate gear, standing on a chair and yelling "I am Captain Hook!" in the same tone. It's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment