Monday, July 13, 2015

Daddy Day

On Mondays the church offers child care for pre-school children, so today Kira & I had a sort of adventure at home. Step One: Make a to-do list!
(This took longer than you would imagine. At one point I went to get my guitar, and halfway through my first song Kira made me put it away because it wasn't music time yet. Honestly, it was like every to-do list I've ever made with her mother...)

Art time was first, as you can see. Kira made this--serendipitously adorable, as she was intending to construct flash cards for an upper-case "DADDY" and a lower-case "daddy" but made a mistake somewhere along the line. Still pretty cute, though.
I made this. Don't ask. It was a huge hit, however.
No pictures exist from outside or reading time, but building "something cool" was pretty awesome. We got all the various constructable materials out and created a little city for the trains to run around. Then we played trains. It was exactly as wonderful as it looks.
In case you were wondering, "go outside" got a question mark because we weren't sure when it would happen; Kira was insistent the list had to be as chronological as possible. "Music time?" is at the bottom because it was a reserve activity: had we had time, it would have come before lunch. Alas, we spent too much time building and throwing the football for music today. Some other time, I am sure.

9 comments:

  1. 1) Impressive train and town building. The tunnel is always the most fun thing to build and play with

    2) throw the football? Way to go Kira!

    3) I could be wrong, but that looks like Millie's tie dyed shirt that failed to make it to a proper destination. Poor form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy, football is a must if Kira is going to continue to direct the boys, including the cousins! Good planning ahead Kira! (We ran into Baba downtown and she was quite impressed with Kira's ability to lead the troops.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So my comment was repeated three times...deleted twice. By way of explanation...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So my comment was repeated three times...deleted twice. By way of explanation...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So my comment was repeated three times...deleted twice. By way of explanation...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried to reply twice to you now, Mom--this blog be crazy!

    ReplyDelete